Office or Microsoft 365 is one of the most used productivity suite in the market right now. Since it is Owned by “Microsoft”, it has a huge market base and has a lot of customer. It being one of the best productivity suites, with the best features, there comes some difficulty in dealing with certain issues.
Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, come with a bundle of apps and features packed in a suite to make it connect in all possibilities of Productivity. It makes things easier for you. Also does make things hard for those who do not know how to use it. For the basics, many people still struggle for the basic part of Microsoft Office, Microsoft 365, which is the Installation. It is not that hard but sometimes people might find it hard to Install Office on their device. In this documentation, you will learn, how you can install Microsoft 365 and Office on different devices.
Microsoft Office comes preinstalled in many of the laptops, for students and home users mostly. With that being for limited laptops and computers only. There still remain a lot of Windows or Mac Computers that do not come with the preinstalled version of Microsoft Office.
To begin with, we need to follow the basic set of requirements that are needed to Install and setup Microsoft Office.
Your Windows or Mac computer needs to meet the basic requirements to Install and Run Microsoft Office.
- 2 Core with minimum clock speed of 1.6 GHz in Windows OS
- All MAC OS Running Intel or MAC M1 Processors
- A minimum of 2 GB Ram on Windows and 4 GB on MAC OS
- 4 GB on Windows and 10 GB of available disk space on MAC OS
- 1280 x 768 screen resolution or Higher
- DirectX 9 or later on Windows.
- All latest browsers
- .NET 3.5 or 4.6 and higher should be Installed on windows OS
- Windows 10, 8.1, Server 2019, Server 2016. All Latest MAC OS
- Internet Connection
These are the basic requirements that you need to meet to make sure that the Office runs smoothly on your Windows or Mac computer. There are no basic requirements for other devices like Smartphones & Tablets. However, if you wish to check it, you can find detailed documents on https://support.office.com
Activating, and Download Office
To Activate and Download Microsoft Office or Microsoft 365 on your Windows or Mac Follow the Steps:
- Go to office.com/setup or www.office.com/setup.
- Click on the Sign In button.
- Sign In to your Microsoft Account.
- If you Do not have an account, create a new one.
- Once Signed In, Enter Product Key. Product key will be in XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Format in your mail or back side of the product card.
- If Prompted, Select your Country/Region and Language.
- You will be in your My Account, and your Office product will be added to your Account.
- Now Click on the Install Office button on the top right.
- Click on the Install Office again.
- Now, confirm the default settings and Click Install Office.
- Depending on your Browser, Save and Run the Installation file.
- The File will be downloaded to your Windows or Mac computer.
Installing on Windows
Once you have Downloaded the Installation File. You will need to follow these steps now.
- Go to the default downloads folder, or click on the downloaded file in the Bottom of the browser window.
- Accept all the Windows User Access Prompts. This will allow the software to write changes to the device.
- Now the installation window will appear.
- Click Install button.
- The installation will begin, Make sure that your Windows PC is connected to the Internet all the time.
- Now, wait for the installation process to finish automatically.
- Once the installation process is finished, you will get a message, You are all done!. Click Close
- Now you can run your Microsoft Office apps from the Start menu.
Incase of any error or problem, you can search the error code on the google or troubleshoot it from https://support.office.com or contact us for 3rd party help.